Well my BN1 is booked to go back into Jetstream to have the outer body assembled and painted, but before that I've been going over the running chassis with a fine tooth comb to get details and leaks sorted..
I made a part number stamp for the rad hoses to finish off their final appearance...
In addition to the rad hoses, I found some better looking oil and fuel flex hoses...
I also finally installed the throttle position switch lever which required making some fine wire cotter pins to install the rod...
I prepared the Burgess Wet type air filters by soaking the clean filters in engine oil and allowing to drain overnight...
I sent my aluminum cockpit rails in to be polished to a mirror shine,
Now I can send them of to anodized for their final finish..
My grill has also returned from the chrome shop,
after I'd fit and adjusted it to fit the car perfectly while still in its bare brass state,
the chrome has now been added with satin finish on the teeth and double shiny finish on the outer surround - as per original...
In anticipation of driving her up the road (which never happened) - I temporarily fir the tunnel sections to cover the gearbox and driveshaft... Wow does she ever look good!!
With a pinhole leak discovered in the rad, I've removed the rad to have it re-soldered and sealed properly.
It's an annoying discovery because I'd already sent it in to be sealed and tested before all this, but at least I've now found the leak and know where to repair it...
Until next time -