Another productive weekend, I finished assembling the front suspension by adding the coil springs and steering components:
I made new steering box & idler dust seals out of some 5/8" black foam rubber -
I also installed the pedals and some of their linkages,
And of course, feeling accomplished that I managed to get the rear axle installed - by myself, in about 25min! - using a couple of rolling jacks that I maneuvered and balanced it on...
The fully weighted axle made it easy to just jack the leaf springs in to position to secure the U bolts.
With the axle in place I continued with the hand brake handle and cable...
I had to replace the rear fuel line fitting with the proper female end so it would join to the flex hose (the set I got had it wrong!)
Finally I also modified and fit the pair of grommets for the heater pipes going through the firewall.
I had to punch out the centers of some smaller ID grommets that still fit the OD opening.
Next weekend I hope to install the dash, so stay tuned!
Until next time -
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.