Well I put in another full day of work on my BN1 this Saturday, and was able to install much of the front suspension:
On top of that I also installed the rear leaf springs;
As you might remember from my previous article I rebuilt these with the proper early style of spring clips and some longer toe pins that would properly clear the spacers and still engage the rear axle,
I decided to replace the MDF insulation panels I'd made last week as I didn't feel right about having them so close to the hot exhaust manifold.
I made the new ones out of a 1/4" thick cement board that I cut to shape and painted in a flat white BBQ paint to simulate the asbestos - they look much better now and will be much safer!
I also installed the restored heater with new rubber grommets for the heater pipes to go through the firewall - I purchased the new paper demister hoses from SC Parts...
Finally, I also made up one of the battery cables - the under chassis cable, using some black cloth covered battery cable that I cut to length and then hand soldered some new brass Lucas helmet ends on.
Finishing the joins with some black cloth tape as original, and then I carefully painted just the outside of the helmets in a silver colour to simulate the original lead these would have been made of.
That's it for this week,
Until next time -