Well it's been a very busy month to say the least! I've been super busy with work in the classic car upholstery world, and filling many evenings and weekends with work on the MGB. But she's come a long way!
As you can see, she's just about done! I've finished off hooking up the engine, fuel, electrical, oil and cooling systems in the engine bay,
Here's some before and after shots:
Underneath, I hooked up the new emergency brake cable, bled all the brakes and clutch with fresh fluid, and installed the manifolds and exhaust...
I got a new SU fuel pump and installed it with a new 'Smiths Petro-flex' hose and finished hooking up the fuel system with the carburetors, throttle cable and choke cable..
I also finished the interior with all the window mechanisms, door panels, top frame and 'seat belts,..
before and after of the seats:
Then this past weekend, I had friend/co-worker Eric Cherniff come by for an afternoon and help me with setting the timing, bleeding the brakes, and getting the car started.
After some ignition and choke/mixture adjustments, she fired right up! Needless to say, It was an exciting and gratifying day!
Of course there's still lots of bugs and issues to tune and fix before she's ready for the road.
She has a few oil leaks that need addressing, and the radiator has a pinhole leak in the upper tank, so I'll have to remove and send that out for repair.
My new convertible top has yet to be installed too, and of course alignment, fine tuning the carburetors etc.
But, she's almost there!
It's been a wonderfully educational and gratifying experience to say the least.
I can't wait to get her out in this beautiful top-down weather and stretch her legs driving some of the amazing roads that Vancouver Island has to offer!
Until next time -
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.