So, to start off I had already made and restored my BN1 style#2 side screens last year. All that was left to do was to adjust them to fit the door and pop them in place...
Then I erected the top frame and installed & trimmed the front wood header rail...
These early style rails used a combination of Everflex on the outer faces and matching interior vinyl on the inner faces.
-Later BN1/2 the rails were instead just wrapped in Everflex.
I decided to make myself a new top following an original pattern I'd made last year from an original 100 top:
I decided to test my new pattern first by cutting and sewing a practice top out of some cheap vinyl.
Then I could make any alterations & adjustments to my pattern before cutting the actual new top out of English Everflex:
The new top being cut out of English Everflex...
Installing the proper aluminum front corner stiffeners in the side flaps that these 100 tops all had...
The completed top fit beautifully! - and now that my pattern has been verified, I can now make these tops available to anyone through: rightwayheritagetrim.com
Here is my new early BN1 style tonneau cover with the correct original hardware and 'Lightning' zipper...
Notice in the front corners early BN1 used Tenax snaps, and did NOT have any grommets over the spring rest studs like later tonneaus did.
-Later tonneaus were more squared off in the front corners and used turn-snaps in the corners instead of Tenax, and had grommets over the spring rest studs.
So that about completes the car!
I'm very happy and proud of how she turned out - I can't wait to start putting some miles on and getting her well adjusted and broken in so we can start to do some real touring in it!
We just registered for 'Enclave 70' in September - the 70th anniversary show of the debute of the Austin Healey 100 -
There will be lots of beautiful early Healey 100's there, including the first production car and some pre-production examples.
We'll be in good company, and will have our car judged for concours as well.. so wish us luck!
For now, here's a few more pics of the finished car:
Until next time -