This week I installed several items including the radiator;
this is my original rad that was hot tanked, flushed, and pressure tested by Townside Auto here in Victoria BC..
I installed it with the correct hardware and then hand painted the upper bracket hardware as original.
I also installed my original spec textured rad hoses with the correct type of early hose clamps.,
and inserted the water temperature gauge sensor and hand painted it black as original..
I've decided to replace the paper fresh air hose I had installed with a correct earlier style of hose - originals were an oil cloth (as shown below) -
I've found what looks to be a suitable match through a heating supply shop in CT - we'll see once it arrives in the mail -
I hooked up my original/restored speedo and tach cables to the side of the engine and the back of the gearbox, adding (sparingly) some light lubrication to the inner cables, and new leather sealing washers to the ends fittings...
I installed a new stainless steel exhaust system which I'd painted satin black as original...
I filled the steering box and idler box with some fresh Dynolite steering box lube, then I proceeded to grease all the cars grease points with some light suspension grease..
Here's a factory lubrication diagram to show you where all the points of lubrication are:
In addition, I'd already filled the rear axle with some fresh 75w90 gear oil, the gearbox with Castrol HD30,
and for the engine, I've ordered some Valvoline 20w50 VR1 Racing oil, that seems to be the new standard for high zinc content oil that's just right for our Healeys.
Anyway, that's all for this week as I check off more and more things from the cars 'TO DO' list, inching ever closer to the day I'll fire her up for the first time... I do love this hobby!
Until next time -