I recently made a new tonneau cover for a clients late BN1.
The client was able to send me his original tonneau in the original Sage green Everflex so I could cross reference it with my patterns and re-examine the details...
While I was at it, I pulled out my original Red early BN1 tonneau so I could lay them out together and examine the differences,
Here you can see the late BN1/BN2 style tonneau in Green, compared to the early BN1 tonneau in Red:
The early BN1 tonneau pattern followed the cars cockpit rail curvature around the front, while the later style had more sqaured off front corners and used turn-snaps in the front corners rather than the Tenax snaps the earlier used...
Notice the original "Lightning" zipper used on both styles -
However on my other early tonneau, we find this different and smaller style of Lightning zipper - perhaps a replacement judging from the stitching!
Both styles have the same little under flaps for turn-snaps sewn in just behind the doors...
Slightly different stitching at the base of the zipper...
Also some updated stitching details around the rear hook bars as the later style improved...
Here's some of my new early BN1 tonneau's that I made in correct English Everflex, with a new correct style Lightning zipper:
And here's some new ones I made in the later style:
Unfortunately the original 'Sage' Green Everflex is totally unavailable, and it's just not wise to try and custom dye a piece of weather equipment that's going to be used and stretched regularly.
So we had to settle on using the available 'Dark' Green Everflex which still looks great!
Complete with a new correct zipper and his original Lightning pull -
Get yours through:
Until next time -